Tuesday 31 March 2015

Two American Horror Story nail art looks


Hey lacquer lovers! I apologize it has been so long since my last post. As some of you may have picked up on I had a family illness and a few weeks ago it resulted in the passing of my father. I had to take a hiatus to deal with a lot of real life stuff so the blog fell a little to the wayside. I am back today however with two looks inspired by my favorite season thus far of American Horror Story. Coven is the 3rd season of this super awesome show (seriously if you haven't watched it, go watch it now) and I am always inspired by it's atmosphere and styling.

The first look is a simple black and white look done on fake nails. I wanted to have them sharp and pointy and my little nubbers weren't going to do that so I had to improvise :) I simply used a base coat of Essie Licorice and used Kiss nail art white paint and a very fine brush to create the American Horror Story font which spells out "Coven".

For the second look I was inspired by the beautiful shawl given to my personal favorite character Misty Day by her hero Stevie Nicks (sorry if that's a spoiler). I love this shawl and want to own it myself, I just adore the way the vibrant colors pop off the black so I have tried to recreate part of the pattern on my nails. The colors I used are China Glaze Def Defying, OPI I just can't cope-acabana, Sally Hansen Peachy Breeze, China Glaze Bump in the night, and OPI Suzi shops &Island Hops.

That's all for this post lacquer lovers. I look forward to picking up posts again, sorry I was MIA for so long but I know you will all understand. Don't forget to subscribe, and check out my Instagram @fullmetal_cupcakenails .  See you all next time!!

Much love
Jenn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment